If you’ve got questions about your charter bus rental with Charlotte Charter Bus Company, we’ve got answers for you. Whether you want to know what kind of costs or fees are included in your quote, or wondering if you can bring your favorite alcoholic beverages aboard your bus rental, you’ve come to the right place. Don’t find the answer you’re looking for here? Then don’t hesitate to give us a call at 704-302-1258 and speak with a reservation specialist. Our team is available 24/7 to answer questions and help you with your rental booking process!
The total price for your charter bus rental depends on a wide variety of factors, such as where you’re going, how long you’ll need the bus, the type of bus you need, and more. When you call us at 704-302-1258 and tell us all about your trip, we can provide you with a personalized, no-obligation quote so you’ll know what to expect for the cost of your trip.
For more detailed information, read How to Calculate your Charlotte Charter Bus Rental Cost and learn about the factors that influence the price of your Charlotte charter bus.
In general, your charter bus rental may be charged per hour, per day, or per mile:
● Per hour: If your trip can be completed in a single day (e.g. a pick-up and drop-off within city limits), you’ll likely be charged by the hour for a minimum of 5 hours.
● Per day: A multi-day trip across state lines or over the course of a weekend will be charged by the day.
● Per Mile: Trips that cover a lot of ground—such as a long-distance trip that includes 2+ hours on the road in one direction—may be charged by the mile.
Other factors that contribute to the total of your quote include:
● Professional driver service
● Road tolls
● Processing fees
It’s also important to note what is NOT included in your quote so you are prepared for any extraneous expenses. Some things your quote will NOT include are:
● Driver Gratuity. While optional, a cash tip/gratuity is recommended at 5-10% of your total quote.
● Parking fees. We recommend traveling with additional cash funds on hand in case of a parking fee at a lot or garage.
● Lodging for your driver. For trips that require multiple days of travel including an overnight stay, you’ll need to book and pay for lodging accommodations for your driver. Drivers need 8 hours of sleep for every 10 hours they drive.
Additional fees not included in your quote could be:
● Cleaning fee, if the interior of your bus rental is returned damaged, dirty or unkempt.
● Premium services, such as needing a meet-and-greet at the airport or requiring full-service luggage loading.
A deposit of 10-30% of the total cost will be due when you make your reservation. Since the amount varies, we will tell you the exact amount of your deposit when you call for a quote. The full balance will be due no later than 14 days before the starting date of your trip.
You can pay by check, credit card, or via wire/ACH. If your organization wants to use a purchase order, let your reservation specialist know when you call.
At Charlotte Charter Bus Company, you can find a variety of types of charter buses and minibuses to rent. When you call us at 704-302-1258, tell our reservation team about the group transportation services in Charlotte you need and we’ll make a recommendation for a type of charter bus rental. For an idea of what amenities and features you may want or need to request, read on:
A 56 passenger charter bus always includes:
● On-board restrooms
● A DVD player and TV monitors
● Undercarriage storage
● Reclining seats
The following amenities can be requested:
● ADA-accessible features (always available by request)
● Leather seats (subject to availability)
● PA/microphone (subject to availability)
● WiFi (subject to availability)
● Power outlets (subject to availability)
● A specific make or color of bus (subject to availability)
Amenities included with a minibus rental include:
● Limited rear storage
If you cancel more than 14 days before your travel date, you won’t need to pay the full cost of your trip, but we won’t be able to return your 10% deposit. If you cancel 14 or fewer days before the pick-up date, you will be charged the full cost of the trip. Unfortunately, it’s not possible for us to provide refunds at that stage.
If trip plans or logistics change suddenly or unexpectedly, please call 704-302-1258 to speak with our 24-hour service team and we will do our best to accommodate any changes you need. Some examples of a trip change that you need to call us for include:
● Adding additional stops, or pick-up or drop-off locations
● Change in passenger count resulting in the need for a different type of bus
● Needing additional accommodations such as an ADA accessible bus or meet-and-greet at an airport
Please note that any last-minute changes that occur on the road may or may not be able to be accommodated, and may incur additional charges or fees. For example, overtime hours for your driver may result in an extra charge.
On some occasions, you may be responsible for finding parking at hotels, event venues, and any location where the bus needs to wait for you for an hour or more. If you need to do this, your reservation specialist will inform you. To find parking at a hotel or event venue, try calling their customer service for charter bus parking information.
Yes, food and drinks are allowed on most motorcoaches, however many bus providers request that you don’t bring glass bottles and messy foods onboard to avoid the possibilities of broken glass or stained upholstery.
When it comes to consuming alcohol, North Carolina allows passengers over 21 years old to drink beer or wine in a "for-hire" vehicle, such as a charter bus rental. However, you are not permitted to drink liquor or hard alcohol onboard.
We encourage you and your group to throw away trash and clean up any spills to avoid a cleaning fee. You don’t need to worry about sweeping, window wiping, or any deeper cleaning.
If your trip is long-distance (such as between 2 and 8 hours long), talk to your driver about planning rest stops along the way for the comfort of both the driver and your passengers. For longer multi-day or overnight trips, drivers can only operate a bus for 10 consecutive hours (or remain on duty for 15 hours) before they’re legally required to take an 8-hour break.
Please note for overnight trips: If you’re planning an overnight trip, you will need to book a private hotel room for your driver each night. Some hotels offer discounts for drivers traveling with a group, so be sure to ask the front desk when you reserve your rooms for your group. However, drivers will be responsible for their own food and drinks.
We recommend giving a cash tip of between 5-10% of the cost of your trip.
Your driver can be available to provide a meet-and-greet at an airport, train station, or bus terminal and can also be available to help load and unload luggage onto your charter bus rental, if needed. If you believe you may need additional services and assistance from your driver, please let your reservation specialist when you call for your free, no obligation quote. Some of these premium services may cost an additional fee.
No, you are not permitted to drive your charter bus rental even if you are independently qualified. We provide licensed, professional drivers with every bus rental.
Have a question not listed here? Call our 24/7 reservation team at 704-302-1258 and ask us anything!